What is LANAP®?
Every year, millions of Americans develop a gum infection that progresses to gum disease but only a small percentage of these adults get the treatment they need. Gum disease is linked to several health problems including diabetes, low birth weight babies, heart disease, and certain types of cancers. Traditional gum infection and gum disease treatment options involve cutting the gum tissue or extracting the teeth. With the introduction of the PerioLase® MVP-7™ and LANAP® bacteria deep within the pockets of the gums can be eradicated while leaving healthy tissue intact. Patients undergoing this type of treatment for a severe gum infection enjoy fast healing times and more predictable results.
Benefits of LANAP®
Some of the key benefits of LANAP® in Miami, FL include:
• Faster healing times - This is a minimally invasive procedure that allows the body to heal quickly.
• Minimal discomfort - There is little to no discomfort for patients and few need post-operative medication.
• Less downtime - Most patients that undergo laser gum surgery for the treatment of a gum infection can go back to their activities the same day.
• Little to no gum recession - Cutting of the tissue is not required, so there is less risk of gum recession.
• Reduced inflammation and bleeding - The PerioLase® MVP-7™ can remove up to 90 percent of inflammation in a single visit and leaves healthy tissue intact.
• Saves teeth and promotes bone regeneration - Laser gum surgery can save your natural teeth and induce bone tissue regeneration.
With LANAP®, we are able to save teeth and bone that would otherwise have been lost. For more information about laser dentistry in Miami, FL and treatment options for a gum infection, set up your consultation with Dr. Scott Ross and Dr. Bradley Ross today!