Do you think that it is okay to have a tooth extracted and
not replace it? How about if it is a back tooth that people cannot see? The
loss of even one tooth can change the way you look, the way you talk, and your
ability to get proper nutrition. Take our quiz and test your knowledge of tooth loss in Miami, FL.
True or False?
1. Having one missing tooth will not affect any
2. Losing a tooth will not affect bone health.
3. Dental implants are a permanent restoration.
4. A change in your bite can result in painful
Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder.
loss can only be restored with dentures or implants.
6. Dental implants, like dentures, must be removed
How Did You Do?
1. False. Leaving a large gap will cause the
surrounding teeth to move and shift, changing both the appearance and bite.
2. False. Your tooth root stimulates the jaw bone,
keeping it healthy. When the root is lost or extracted, your bone begins to
deteriorate at a rapid pace.
3. True. Implants, over time, fuse to your existing
bone. This process provides the stability that implants are known for.
4. True. The movement of your teeth, caused by tooth loss, can negatively impact your
bite, creating jaw pain.
5. False. There are other tooth restoration
methods, though they use these options as foundations. Implant supported
dentures, for example, are prosthetics secured onto four implant posts to give
you greater stability and strength.
6. False. Unlike dentures, dental implants are made to be permanent. They are brushed and
flossed just like your natural teeth.
If you did not do well, do not feel badly. Most people are
not experts on tooth restoration. The specialists at South Florida Periodontics
and Dental Implants, however, do have the answers you need. For a consultation
on dental implants and tooth loss Miami,
FL, call our office now and discuss your concerns with Doctor Scott B. Ross
and Bradley A. Ross.
Currently rated by 0 people
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.