If you have considered getting dental implants in Miami, FL, you might be struggling with a specific worry: What will the implant surgery be like? This is a common concern. It is also one that is easily alleviated through education.
Implant surgery may sound like a huge undertaking, but it is actually a routine procedure. At our office, Dr. Ross regularly performs dental implant surgery under safe, secure conditions. The process is efficient, and the success rate is extremely high.
Why should you feel comfortable with implant surgery?
1. The surgery will be precisely planned. There is nothing left to chance when it comes to implant surgery. Dr. Ross will completely map out the procedure from beginning to end, using high-tech equipment to ensure proper placement of the dental implant post.
2. You will not need a general anesthetic. In most cases, patients only need a local anesthetic that numbs the site. However, if you have severe anxiety related to going to the dentist, you may prefer to have some type of sedation dentistry. We provide sedation dentistry services at our facility, and they work well for implant patients who might otherwise avoid getting dental implants.
3. Discomfort is minimized every step of the way. Most patients do not experience any pain sensations during the implant surgery. Afterwards, you may need to take some over-the-counter painkillers, such as ibuprofen, for a few days. This is typically the most powerful medication you will need.
4. You will be under the treatment of a trained professional. Periodontists like Dr. Ross spend time learning proper dental implant placement techniques. This helps you feel better about allowing them to help you get the implants you want.
5. You will have a thorough understanding of what will happen. Transparent patient education assists in making sure you know exactly what to expect from the beginning to the end of your implant journey!
Why allow fear or worry to hold you back from replacing your missing teeth? Contact our office in Miami, FL, today for a consultation on dental implants.
Currently rated by 0 people